Abortion

A place to discuss serious issues and topic.
Shitpostlord

Abortion

Post by Shitpostlord » Thu May 25, 2017 4:30 pm

Guys i have been pro-choice for a long time but i would like to hear both the best pro-choice and pro-life arguments

The Nice

Re: Abortion

Post by The Nice » Thu May 25, 2017 5:23 pm

Most abortions is executed out of convenience. People have the choice to choose most certainly...the choice to murder their child. I was Pro-Choice until I was about 30, until I actually did some research and thinking of my own instead of listening to the heard say its my body I can do what I want with it.

Angu997

Post by Angu997 » Thu May 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Foster homes are infested with unwanted children. I think you should be less than 11 weeks, but definitely abort if you can't be a responsible adult about sex let alone take care of another human being.

Executed out of convenience? Meaning: Bring a child into an environmental unprepared thus impacting the child more than the selfish adults, when you can rid it when it is a tiny little deformed glop. Hmm.

SwampNut

Post by SwampNut » Thu May 25, 2017 8:14 pm

I think we need to separate the issues of actual abortion versus the laws about abortion.

Creating laws that control peoples' bodies has been a loser throughout history. Prohibition, the war on some drugs, prostitution laws, etc all serve only to create a massive criminal network and make the world more dangerous. Abortion laws do the same. In addition the abortion law issue is based on medical privacy; if you really have medical privacy, then anything you ask your doctor to do to your body is private and between the two of you. Crossing the line towards "well yeah, but except for..." just leads to other bullshit laws.

So my stance is strongly against abortion control laws.

On a practical matter, sure, I wish it were not necessary. I wish I had some kind of solution to make it not happen. The world is a place with a lot of variety and challenges. I also wish kids didn't starve to death in Africa (because they are over-populated and over-breeding for their resources). Speaking of starving to death or never being born...my choice would be the latter. Seriously, when talking about abortion it has to be framed around "what's worse" and I think many times a terrible life is worse than no life.

If you believe in a god or some sort of afterlife/rebirth, then never having lived shouldn't matter. Your god or whatever will take care of that soul. And if you don't believe, then again, who cares, it was nothing to start with and just simply never came to be.